Considering a move to the UAE? With its global appeal and diverse environment, the UAE attracts expatriates worldwide. For your relocation, obtaining a residential visa, available in various categories, is a crucial step. To complete the visa application process, your documents must undergo official attestation by the UAE's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). Expatriates in the UAE must first authenticate their documents in their home country, with MOFA attestation serving as the final validation.
What is a Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation?
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation, also known as MOFA Attestation, is a process carried out in Dubai to validate the signatures and seals on documents, whether they originate from the UAE or abroad. This validation is a crucial requirement for document authentication within the UAE.
Which documents does the Ministry of Foreign Affairs attest?
MOFA attestation in Dubai is required for three main categories of certificates, which are classified based on their nature, common characteristics, and the government departments that mandate the attestation:
- Educational Certificates: This category includes documents related to education, such as diplomas, degrees, school certificates, and academic transcripts.
- Personal Documents: Personal documents encompass various certificates and papers concerning individuals, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce certificates, and death certificates.
- Commercial Documents: Commercial documents involve papers associated with businesses and commercial activities, such as trade licenses, contracts, and invoices.
What are the fees for MOFA attestation?
- For both personal and educational certificates, regardless of their place of issuance (inside or outside the UAE), the MOFA Attestation fee is AED 150 per document. Additionally, there are courier charges.
- For commercial certificates, the fee for MOFA attestation is AED 2,000 per document, whether they originate from outside the UAE or within the UAE.
If you decide to utilize the MoFAIC App for your certificate attestation needs in the UAE, you can follow these steps for a seamless experience:
- Download the MoFAIC app onto your device.
- Register and create your account within the application.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Access the "My Tasks" section.
- Depending on the type of certificate you need to attest, choose either "Business Services" or "Individual Services."
- Select the option labelled "Attest Official Document, Certificates."
- Follow the required steps and provide all necessary information as prompted.
- Attach the certificates that require attestation.
- Choose your preferred payment method and complete the payment process.
What are the operational hours for MOFA attestation in Dubai?
MOFA Dubai Office Operational Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Customer Happiness Centers in Dubai (including Al Manara, Al Twar, MOFAIC Office Dubai, Dubai Chamber)
Sunday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Closed on weekends.
Please be aware that, as a precautionary measure in response to COVID-19 protocols, individuals are currently not permitted to make in-person submissions at any branches. Until further notice from MoFAIC UAE, document submissions should be arranged through an attestation agency or registered courier services.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs attestation in Dubai
Rely on us for precise monitoring and prompt notifications. For more information, please contact our team by calling our UAE hotline at +971 58 648 2332 for dependable and efficient MOFA attestation services.